Until about two years ago, my skincare routine was never consistent and nothing really seemed to work for me. I tried all sorts of products. I tried the cheap stuff and the expensive stuff and the prescribed stuff. While I was in Dominica, I finally found an easy regimen that changed my skin and that was SIMPLE! Two years later, my routine still works for me, even with the changing environments I have lived in (Dominica, Boat, St. Kitts, Florida, Texas, Michigan). AND it works on my med student budget (always a plus).
1) I wash my face with Cetaphil normal to dry skin face-wash and pat my face dry with a clean washcloth.
2) I put a generous amount of Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar on my face and neck. This is my all time favorite moisturizer, since I changed to using this I saw a lot of results in my complexion.
3) As far as face makeup, I do not use any liquid foundation or concealer unless I have a spot I want to cover up. Day-to-day I only use Bare Minerals powder foundation in “Sandstone” on my less tan days and “Pecan” on my tan, summer days.
1) When I get home, I remove my make-up with Neutrogena make-up remover wipes.
2) I wash my face again with Cetaphil.
3) I apply Ponds Extra Rich face cream generously on my face and neck.
4) I do not like to put too many different products on my face, because it is so sensitive, but I do love masks! I only use a mask once every 1-2 weeks. This is one of my new favorite masks, Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar moisturizing mask.
These products have really worked well to improve my complexion, especially since I have sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts. I appreciate a simple routine with minimal product and this combination did the trick.
What are some of your favorite skincare products?
To learn more about me and my blog, click HERE!